Saturday, April 2, 2011

Back in the saddle! Spring Fling 5k Run

Well it's a small start, but it was a start either way.  After having an amazing experience with my first running race with the RAGNAR Northwest Passage last July (in the midst of moving overseas...what was I thinking?!) I had the bug.  But with our house packed out & a huge move overseas to Europe ahead of us it had gone to the wayside.  For my new years resolution I decided to train again for a small local race on base called the Spring Fling 5k.  I was able to talk a friend into training & running with me to keep me motivated.  I worked into it very slowly this time instead of cramming like I did for Ragnar.  On April 2nd it was time to run!  We had a gorgeous day with beautiful weather.  The trail was also very pretty past small lakes & woods.  I was so proud to have set a goal & completed it & didn't do to bad with a little over a 10 minute mile.  Now we'll see if I can keep the momentum going & push it to a 10k........
Spring Fling "partners in crime" & fellow friends/neighbors on RB Leslie & Sierra

Finishing strong....can't believe I'm smiling



No comments:

Post a Comment